The S550 Mustang system uses Vortech’s V-3 Si supercharger. Continued development in Vortech’s Lab resulted in the V-3 Si. The “i” stands for improved and with its new patented oil control system and state of the art centrifugal compressor stage this V-3 literally blows away the competition. Industry leading 78% adiabatic efficiency means less heat is being generated, drive power is reduced and more net power is produced. Less heat also means better durability. Also, Vortech’s supercharger systems weigh less than half of the competing brands.
Centrifugal superchargers easily make more pressure and flow than a roots type blower and are much more efficient. Read our Roots vs Centrifugal comparison to see the numbers.
Vortech supercharger systems are a great value. Dollar for dollar, Vortech systems deliver more horsepower than virtually any other method of upgrade. Also, driven normally, gas mileage often increases rather than decreases.
Tuner Kits, Upgrades, More HP
For higher-horsepower, custom-tuned installations we recommend a tuner kit, which does not include a fuel pump, fuel injectors or ECU programmer. This requires you or your installer to provide custom calibration and the required fuel components. The V-3 Si supercharger included with the tuner kit is capable of up to 775HP on modified vehicles. Tuner kits are also available with the 1,000HP V-7 JT supercharger for high-performance racing vehicles.
Supercharger Kit Finishes
Multiple kit finishes available. For that fully integrated look, 5.0 Mustang systems are available in factory matching black finish. Satin and Polished units are also available.
Included Components and Features
– V-3 Si compressor with 3.60″ drive pulley
– Manifold boost pressure: 7.5-8.5 psi on stock engine
Air inlet assembly includes:
– High-flow ducting. Mates to OEM airbox and some aftermarket “CAI” MAF/inlet assemblies
– OEM replacement K&N panel filter
– Silicone sleeves and reducers
– Stainless steel clamps
– PCV and breather hose provisions
– Replacement engine coolant pipe and hose assemblies
– Engine coolant reservoir replacement assembly
– Dual plate supercharger mounting system includes idlers, drive belt and all hardware. Mount features multiple position idler location for a wide range of belt and pulley fits.
Discharge components include:
– High flow air/air charge cooler.
– Mandrel bent 3″ and 3.5″ aluminum charge tubes for high flow and minimal weight
– Stainless steel clamps
– Silicone sleeves
– 98mm MAF housing configured for “blow-through” use. Integrated air-straightener upstream of the MAF housing.
– Vortech Maxflow Race Bypass Valve with filter
Shrader Performance can also install this supercharger and dyno tune it for you. Drop your car off at our shop facility near Charlotte NC and we’ll take care of the rest!